Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Wedding bells ringing in my ear

so things are getting a little more and more personal and concerns more and more about my life... so i guess most readers here will have more or less a sneak preview into my life...

online diary?? i hope not.. lazy to even write a diary at home.. hahaha

anyways, i went to my cousin's wedding last week... all the way up north in Ipoh... the long long journey caused my eyes to feel pain, sore n dry... oh goodness the air-con is blowing directly at me!!! darn the weather too.. raining so heavily my dad could hardly drive faster than a snail... the visibility was juz so so low...

ANYWAYS, long awaited arrival n TADAA!! we're in Ipoh!! (made a little detour to Kuala Kangsar coz we didn't notice the entrance to Ipoh)

so well, DINNER TIME! ate quite a bit n juz sat there like an idiot.. looking at the happy crowd munching their food and finding people to talk to.. i felt a little bit out of place.. WAIT a SECOND, i'm a relative, how come i feel so unrelated?? maybe coz i seldom see them all and stuff... but things got betta...

cockadudledoo!
the Sunday morning...

Sunday Morning - Maroon 5
"Sunday morning rain is falling
Steal some covers share some skin
Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable
You twist to fit the mold that I am in
But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew
That someday it would bring me back to you
That someday it would bring me back to you"

so anyways, woke up early to get the bride to my cousin's house.. then well, had the tea ceremony where they will give tea to the elders... had this guy who acts like the matchmaker too!! he acting as a she... anyways, got ang pow from my cousin.. RM5!! biggest i've seen.. ehehee for a new wedding couple i mean...

things got worse when we got to the restaurant.. he wore an early 15th century china chinese lady's matchmaker's clothes... he danced, sang and even went around the crowds to amuse them... which includes a song called "Mummy no. 3" eeks.... he was using his scarf to touch other guys n stuff... GAYYYY.!!!! me n my cousins got called up to the stage to dance... DANCE!!! it was crazy.. i've never danced in front of ppl b4... I'M NOT EVEN PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED!

so yea, the wedding lunch ended and went on our merry ways home...

the newly wed couple looked so happy, such joy welling up in their cheeks you could just see them smiling from ear to ear... wish i had such joy... in time, in time..... ahha

but of course wedding is not the end of it, but a beginning to a long long long life of marriage and living together... as they say, before you get married the person looks like an angel.. after you get married the person looks like a devil.

not all cases are so cham la... well, keep 2 eyes open b4 u get married and 1 eye closed after you get married! =P

my best wishes to my cousin Wei Keong n lovely wife Shook Fun :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! it's a nice post.. but umm aren't u a LIL young to be thinking of marriage? * shocked* i can imagine d gay-matchmaker-chinese-suit-"guy" touching touchign everyone! *eww* does he hav make up on? * just curious* have a good day wee jin!

Anonymous said...

yes, slight make up... worst of it all, he touched me!! NOO!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good post.